Splatoon 2 is a very unique third person shooter developed by Nintendo, the same company behind classics like ” The Legend Of Zelda” series, “Mario” series and “Kirby” series, for the Nintendo Switch, Nintendo’s newest console. Splatoon 2 is also the sequel of the popular “Splatoon” game on the Wii U.
In Splatoon 2, you play as an Inkling, a creature that can transform form squid to kid and back, wielding a variety of different and unique ink based weapons to cover the map with ink. In Splatoon 2, there are multiple game modes, some from directly taken from “Splatoon”, and others brand new.
A female inking, inkling in squid form and male inkling
- Turf War: A four vs four team fight that lasts 3 minutes with the goal of covering as much of the map in your team’s coloured ink. The team with the most area covered in their ink wins!
- Splat Zones: A type of ranked battle where the goal is to take and maintain control of a specific area the map.
- Tower Control: Another type of ranked battle where you try to keep control of a moving tower as you slowly go into enemy territory.
- Rainmaker: Another type of ranked battle where you try to bring a special weapon called the “Rainmaker” into the enemy’s territory.
- Salmon Run: The new game mode added in Splatoon 2, a co-op mode where four player must collect valuable “Golden Eggs” while fighting off waves after waves of “Salmonids”, with the occasional boss Salmonid.
- Single player: Fight against the Octarian forces to save the stolen “Great Zapfish”, the giant electric producing creature that powers the Inkling City.
Occasional events that pit two random subjects against each other in a great team verses team battle, allowing people to fight for their topic in four on four turf wars to win points for their topic.
Splatfest pitting the power of fight versus the power of invisibility
Splatoon 2 is a great improvement to the already great game of Splatoon, giving players a unique third person shooter experience while providing a great single player and multiplayer experience, making it one of the best games on the Nintendo Switch.
Photo courtesy : http://wccftech.com/review/splatoon-2-funky-fresh-or-stale-squid/ https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-figures-splatoon-series-inkling-girl-inkling-squid-inkling-boy/6373111.p?skuId=6373111 http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/08/itll_be_a_battle_of_super_powers_in_the_next_splatoon_2_splatfest